sexta-feira, fevereiro 11, 2005

 

John Ashbery


How much longer will I be able to inhabit the divine sepulchre
Of life, my great love? Do dolphins plunge bottomward
To find the light? Or is it rock
That is searched? Unrelentingly? Huh. And if some day

Men with orange shovels come to break open the rock
Which encases me, what about the light that comes in then?
What about the smell of the light?
What about the moss?

In pilgrim times he wounded me
Since then I only lie
My bed of light is a furnace choking me
With hell (and sometimes I hear salt water dripping).

Isto é John Ashbery (1927 - ) em How much longer will I be able to inhabit the divine sepulchre, do seu segundo livro de poemas, The Tennis Court Oath. O poema continua por mais 80 versos e eu serei um homem satisfeito se algum dia escrever um verso que seja digno do acima. Ou dos últimos oito versos citados abaixo.


Who are you, anyway?
And it is the color of sand,
The darkness, as it sifts through your hand
Because what does anything mean,

The ivy and the sand? That boat
Pulled up on the shore? Am I wonder,
Strategically, and in the light
Of the long sepulchre that hid death and hides me?


Comments:
Disculpe que le escriba en español. Leo el portugués pero no puedo permitirme escribirlo. Que el post que comento sea de 2005 quizá haga que no lea nunca este comentario.

Yo también soy admirador de ese poema y de muchos más de la poesía norteamericana.

Anoche intenté trasladar al español ese mismo poema de Ashbery que Vd. cita. No sé con qué fortuna. Lo puede leer en mi blog, al que este comentario le redireccionará.

Saludos españoles y enhorabuena por su fino gusto poético.

Su amigo
Javier
 
Enviar um comentário

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?